Dear CSNS members,
Nominations for the 2017-2018 CSNS Executive Committee are now open. Seven (7) positions will need to be filled. Elections to these positions will be held in accordance with Section 17.6 stipulated in the CSNS by-laws. The CSNS Executive Committee invites members to nominate good standing members with a membership for the past three years. Descriptions of these positions are listed below,
- manages all affairs of the Society with its day to day business operations.
- fulfills the duties of the President in his/her absence.
- chairs the Community Relationship and Fund-Raising Committee.
- serves on the appointment committee for various business operations.
- prepares and keeps the minutes of the EC meetings.
- is responsible for the Society’s newsletters.
- is responsible for the day to day financial administration.
- prepares annual financial statement and accounting for the Society’s financial transactions.
- is responsible for the publication and delivery of the newsletters, maintenance of the website, emails, etc.
Chair (Culture and Education)
- is responsible for the cultural and educational affairs for the members and the general public.
- promotes Chinese culture within Nova Scotia and beyond.
Chair (Health and Recreation)
- is responsible for organizing the activities of the Society, including recreation and sports programs.
The deadline for the nominations is September 30, 2017. All members of the CSNS are encouraged to stand as nominators and/or nominees. Nomination and consent forms are attached to this email. All nominations with consent forms must be completed and returned to the CSNS Office by mail or by email with scanned documents to email@example.com
A list of candidates will be presented to the members at the AGM meeting for election, which will be announced shortly.
The CSNS Executive Committee
August 8, 2017